Google Analytics, as you must be aware, has emerged as a great tool for analyzing the overall performance and the end result of your SEO initiative. You can leave out guesswork and make the entire exercise more accurate.
For example, an alert will send you a reminder when the number of visitors happens to rise or fall beyond a certain limit on a particular day. This makes monitoring the site visitors’ behavior pattern easier.
A few quick tips
Most importantly, Google Analytics hardly costs you anything in terms of budget especially when you compare the resources incurred to a wide array of benefits that it offers. Before proceeding ahead, here are a few quick tips to make the most out of Google Analytics.
- Customize dashboard
- Export properly formatted PDF data files
- Put in place an alert setting
What does the tool do for you?
- The tool essentially tracks all the critical data about the site visitors’ usage pattern over time.
- It will precisely grasp the way they choose to interact with the various site elements and vice versa.
- It always helps to seek expert inputs so as to go beyond your dashboard page and dig deep into several details and user-friendly features of the tool. Custom reports are among such handy features that it has on offer.
Custom reports to monitor and study site traffic
Just spend a few minutes mulling over what you really wish to find out in qualitative and quantitative terms as far as user traffic is concerned, Accordingly you can make a custom report. You can see every time you happen to log in. For instance, you may prepare a custom report that will show details, such as new visits, the unique visitors’ number, average time spent on the website as well as pageviews received for specific categories of your site. When you drill down into these details, you can see the keywords that have primarily been used for arriving at a specific webpage from the search engine.
‘Custom Reports’ link can be found on the bottom-left just under ‘My Customizations’. Using it is simple – click on ‘Create new custom report’ available on the top-right corner. Once you put in the dimensions or metric you require, it will do the job for you. It can’t get easier than this, so what are you waiting for?.