Here is your checklist!
As part of the consultancy, a quality ‘search engine optimizer’ is expected to provide:
- Comprehensive review of your site structure, layout, or navigation
- A complete study of content and its search engine friendliness
- Proper technical advice on a plan for holistic site development
- User-friendly as well as search engine friendly copy.
- A holistic content development plan
- An end-to-end management of your business development campaign on the Web
- Perfect keyword research
- Other SEO maintenance tasks
- In-house training
The most important thing while looking for an SEO expert is reliability. The task must be conducted in a professional and ethical manner. Needless to say, for any optimization exercise to be successful, it must be based on a thorough knowledge and expertise that is relevant to specific markets and geographies.
Generally speaking, the most appropriate time to consult an expert is while you are planning to redesign a site, or are contemplating a new website launch. By choosing the launch or redesign phase to initiate SEO, duplication of work is saved. It also minimizes errors since the experts can work on a fresh set of pages instead of wasting their energy on poorly designed pages. Overhauling these pages in itself can be a cumbersome task.
On the other hand, by opting for SEO during redesign or new launch of a site, you can ensure that it is so conceptualized, structured and designed, as to be absolutely search engine friendly. Starting right from the scratch is advisable. Of course, a competent SEO expert can certainly assist enhance an existing site, as well..